Kind By Design is an women-led venture fueled by the passion to design simple and kind solutions to everyday problems. Dedicated to working with a collective of homegrown businesses, Kind By Design creates sustainable and organic products. The Kind By Design range features an edited selection of eco-friendly candles manufactured from natural materials.
Kind by Design encourages candle-lovers to select environmentally friendly options, whilst educating them on burn memory and essential candle maintenance.
Burn Memory & TLC
- Every candle has a burn memory – a particular memory of the first time it was lit and burned. This determines how the candle will burn for the rest of its entirety. The first burn is the most crucial element of candle care. Once the candle is lit for the first time, it should burn for at least four hours, making sure the wax melts of the edges of the container.
- Post the first burn, it’s essential to trim the excess wick before each and every burn, removing the left-over debris.
- While most people love to keep their candles out and about, to make a candle last longer, it’s best to store it in a cool, dry and dark place when not in use.
- The candle is finished once it reaches 1.5cm from the base of the container – this is the sign that it’s time to replace – not forgetting to repurpose your empty jar, of course.
Choosing the Right Candle
- Choose beeswax candles rather than the mass market paraffin alternatives. Beeswax candles release negative ions, which neutralize pollutants such as mold spores, pollen, dander, odours, germs, dust and other harmful particles.
- Beeswax is an environmentally friendly, natural, organic product that purifies the air
- Beeswax candles also burn longer, as they have a high melting point which makes them last 2-5 hours longer than paraffin alternatives
- Opt for eco-friendly, recyclable and sustainable brands, that contribute to the community and environment.
Kind by Design candles are made using eco-friendly wicks, sustainable containers and premium fragrance oils, free from phthalates and parabens. The hand-made vessels can also be recycled as planters, with seeds included in each candle box. In addition, the production and supply chain also utilize several small local businesses, which also is a great way to support the community. Whether a small but significant addition to a home interior, or a sustainable corporate gifting option – Kind By Design offer premium quality and kindness in each candle.