The holy month of Ramadan is ahead, if you are one of those who want to stay fresh and fit during this blessed month, then you need to prepare a list of nourishes and guilt-free food and fill your shopping cart with it; Remember! Don’t go grocery shopping while you are hungry, as you might change your direction toward those unhealthy sugary snacks.
Dr.Aysha Qureshi, a Naturopathy specialist from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in her website advises that a meal combine with “carbohydrates+protein+healthy fat” can keep your stomach full for longer hours. Here are some of her healthy recipes for both Suhoor and Iftar:
- Steel-cut oats made with berries+nuts+flaxseed+your choice of milk.
- Talbina or barley porridge made with nuts+seeds+dates+milk of your choice.
- Chia seeds pudding made with Greek yogurt+berries+nuts.
- Omelet made of mixed vegetables, a bowl of berries, and multigrain toast.
- Full-fat Greek yogurt smoothy bowl made with fruits+nuts+protein powder+flax seed+chia seed topped with granola.
- Multigrain flax/bran bread with almond butter+slice of Banana+Chia seed+Sunflower seed.
- Avocado toast made with mixed seeds and Smoked salmon.
Choose from: One source of protein:
- Grilled/baked Lean meat(Lamb/Chicken/Turkey or Veal).
- Fish & Shrimps
- Lentils, Beans, and chickpeas.
Two of the following:
- Roasted vegetables (Eggplant,zucchini,broccoli,asparagus,squash,sweet potato).
- Mixed green salad+feta cheese+ olive oil+balsamic vinegar & lemon dressing.
- Quinoa salad made with fresh vegetables
- Mixed vegetables, stir-fried.
- Multigrain bread/roti.
- Brown rice stir fry with soup broth.
- Assorted soup.
- Bean+ chickpeas salad.