In this new year of 2022, we are hoping for nothing but good news, especially after what we have all been through in the past two years. It wasn’t easy living a life behind a face mask, but we’ve conquered it. Now it’s time to keep conquering Covid-19 and its variants.
In spite of this, conquering needs to be done in all aspects, and the beauty industry is not far behind.
Lip color is the oldest and most essential part of make-up, and it changes almost every decade with new trends and formulations. A make-up look would not be complete without lipstick. “Lipstick is to the face as punctuation is to a sentence,” said Diane von Furstenberg. However, lipstick isn’t just about making a fashion statement; the story of lipstick is also about transformation. The 21st century is all about being unique and transforming.
To find out the TOP 10 SOLD-OUT LIPSTICK TRENDS OF 2022 and the best products to achieve the look, scroll down –
Nude Lipstick: For a neutral, natural-looking, nude lip, this is the trend you should choose. You can choose lipstick colors that are almost the same color as your skin tone or slightly tinted with pinkish brown hues. You can never go wrong with this type of lip color. It just gets better and better as time goes on.
On the Top are: Makeup Revolution Satin kiss, lipstick icon – Nude, Iba Halal Care Pure lips long stay – Pure Nude.
2. Metallic Lipstick: This is a game-changing glamorous trend. We’re going to see some spectacular metallic lipstick looks in 2022. Metallic lipstick looks go well with every lip shape and skin tone. These lip products are available in a variety of colors and can also be combined with other lip products.
On the Top are: Revlon Super lustrous metallic – Odyssey, L’oreal Paris color sensational matte metallics – Hot Lava.
3. Ombre/Two-toned Lipstick: It is always better to have two shades of lipstick than one, and that is what this lipstick trend is all about. One way to rock two-toned lipstick is by wearing two different shades – You should put one on each side of your top lip and another on the bottom. Combine two shades of a similar color group and blend them closely, and you’re done! Dimensional lip look.
On the Top are: Catrice two tone lipstick – Red.
4. Shiny Lipstick: This trend of shiny lipstick is for you if you’re not into lip gloss and don’t like the idea of applying lipstick. The formula of shiny lipstick is designed to make the lips shine brightly. Find it in any colour you want to try, including unusual colours like blue or green. Dazzle your lips away.
On the Top are: Fenty Beauty slip shine sheer shiny lipstick- Retro rose, e.l.f, lip lacquer shiny liquid lipstick – Wild rose.
5. Vinyl Lipstick: Lip gloss is shinier and less dramatic than vinyl glossy lipstick. You’ll be glad that you discovered vinyl lip gloss. Unlike sticky lip glosses, vinyl lip gloss is highly pigmented and will make your lips shine without being sticky. The lightweight formula is designed to pamper your lips. I highly recommend it.
On the Top are: Yves saint Laurent vinyl creamy lip stain, Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl lipstick – Rose.
6. Lip Stain/ Lip Tint: The lip stain is the trendiest product of the winter season; it is a dream product in reality. Since we live such fast-paced lives, lip tints/stains are a godsend, as they will not stain your smile, sweaters, or hot cocoa mugs. These products are convenient and transfer-proof. Despite all the masked faces, the product implies you’re doing something. If you apply a lip stain, you’ll get a wash of soft, faded color that’s so lightweight, you won’t even remember it’s there. Just a few swipes of the stain and you’re done. You can achieve a monochromatic look by tapping your fingers over your lips and blotting the excess on your cheeks.
On the Top are: Dior addict lip tattoo long wear colored tint, Peripera Ink Airy Velvet – Rosy Pink.
7. Bold Color Matte Liquid Lipstick: This trend is for you if you want to change your makeup style this year to something fierce. Choose a lip colour you’ve never tried before. Make a change with blue, purple, orange and green matte shades and you will surely be noticed. It’s your time to play with some bold colour on your lips. Be confident!
On the Top are: Maybelline New York color sensational loaded bold lipstick – Sapphire Siren & Green Savage.
8. Glitter Lipstick: Glittery pouts have since been a staple in runway shows and editorial shoots. However, the traditional application is not as easy or clean as it seems. Mastering the trending lipstick application takes some practice. There’s no denying its sassiness. There’s no harm in a little glitter. In this generation, it is a trend that is proven to be tasteful and almost everyone is sporting it.
On the Top are: Colorbar Drama Blast Lipstick – Pink, Nyx Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie Glitter – Spirit 04
9. Lip Oil: Lip oils are the holy grail of lips that require nourishment, especially during the winter months. Most of them contain ingredients such as meadow-foam seed oil, salicornia herbacea extract, and hyaluronic acid to combat dryness and add a touch of color. The lipsticks come in multiple shades including rosy-pink, coral, and mauve, and the benefits are amazing. Don’t forget to grab one, not just for trend’s sake, but for some goody lip-love.
On the Top are: Dior Addict Lip glow oil – Cherry Oil, Inglot High Gloss Lip Oil.
10. Classic Lipstick: This trend is for you, sis, if you are not yet ready to process this new year’s beginning and want to take it slow and steady. The good old classic shades of lipstick don’t let you down in the long run and are perfect for everyday use. Be sure to pick out some regular classic shades like matte red, fuchsia, mauve, brown.
On the Top are: MAC Retro Matte – Ruby Woo, Revlon – Pink Pout, Maybelline New York – Rich Plum.
As you know, you are a pro, so have fun with your favorite trend with some vibrant colors. Trust me, there is no such thing as too many lipsticks!